- NOTHING TO EAT OR DRINK AFTER MIDNIGHT THE NIGHT BEFORE YOUR SURGERY! (THIS INCLUDES GUM/CANDY/WATER) IT IS OK TO BRUSH YOUR TEETH.
- You must have a responsible adult with you throughout the duration of the surgery and to drive you home. They must stay with you for the first 8 hours.
- Wear short sleeve, loose fitting, clothing and long pants as it is cool in the Operating Room. Please no dresses.
- For patients with long hair, refrain from ponytails or buns.
- Start rinsing with Peridex 4 days prior to surgery. (½) cap, twice daily, swish and spit. RX given to you at your consultation.
- If given Ibuprofen 600 mg at your consultation, please take (1) tablet the night before and (1) tablet the morning of surgery with a sip of water. If you have an allergy or can’t take Ibuprofen it is ok, you may disregard this instruction.
- Do not smoke 72 hours before your surgery.
- Do not drive or plan to operate machinery for 24 HOURS after your surgery.
- Do not plan on returning to work or school the same day as your surgery. A doctor’s excuse will be provided, if necessary.
- Make sure this office is aware of any medications you are taking or have taken recently.
- Make sure this office is aware of any allergies and/or illnesses you may have.
- Do not wear contact lenses.
- Please inform us is you have any cold or flu-like symptoms that develop before your surgery.
YOUR DRIVER CANNOT LEAVE THE OFFICE DURING YOUR SURGERY!
***Please refer to your signed pre-op form (given to you at your consultation) to see which current medications you may take the morning of surgery.***