PATIENT INSTRUCTIONS FOR IV SEDATION:
1. NOTHING TO EAT OR DRINK AFTER MIDNIGHT THE NIGHT BEFORE YOUR SURGERY!!
2. You must have a responsible adult with you throughtout the duration or the surgery and to drive you home. They must stay with you the first 8 hours.
3. Wear short sleeve, loose fitting clothing and long pants as it is cool in the Operating Room. Please no dresses.
4. Remove all eye and facial make up, lipstick and nail polish.
5. For patients with long hair, refrain from ponytails or buns.
6. Start rinsing with Peridex. RX given to you at your consult.
7. If given Ibuprofen 600 mg at consult, please take (1) tablet the night before and (1) tablet the morning of surgery with a sip of water. If you have an allergy or can’t take Ibuprofen it is ok, you may disregard this instruction.
8. Do not smoke 72 hours before your surgery.
9. Do not drive or plan to operate machinery for 24 HOURS after your surgery.
10. Do not plan on returning to work or school the same day as your surgery. A doctor’s excuse will be provided, if necessary.
11. Make sure this office is aware of any medications you are taking or have taken recently.
12. Make sure this office is aware of any allergies and/ or illnesses you may have.
13. Do not wear contact lenses.
14. Please inform us if you have any cold or flu like symptoms that develop before your surgery.
***Please refer to your signed pre-op form (given to you at your consultation) to see which current medications you may take the morning of surgery.***
***YOUR DRIVER CANNOT LEAVE THE OFFICE***