Pre-Op Instructions St. Simons Island & St. Marys
- NOTHING TO EAT OR DRINK AFTER MIDNIGHT THE NIGHT BEFORE YOUR SURGERY! (THIS INCLUDES GUM/CANDY/WATER) IT IS OK TO BRUSH YOUR TEETH.
- You must have a responsible adult with you throughout the duration of the surgery and to drive you home. They must stay with you for the first 8 hours.
- Wear short sleeve, loose fitting, clothing and long pants as it is cool in the Operating Room. Please no dresses.
- For patients with long hair, refrain from ponytails or buns.
- Start rinsing with Peridex 4 days prior to surgery. (½) cap, twice daily, swish and spit. RX given to you at your consultation.
- If given Ibuprofen 600 mg at your consultation, please take (1) tablet the night before and (1) tablet the morning of surgery with a sip of water. If you have an allergy or can’t take Ibuprofen it is ok, you may disregard this instruction.
- Do not smoke 72 hours before your surgery.
- Do not drive or plan to operate machinery for 24 HOURS after your surgery.
- Do not plan on returning to work or school the same day as your surgery. A doctor’s excuse will be provided, if necessary.
- Make sure this office is aware of any medications you are taking or have taken recently.
- Make sure this office is aware of any allergies and/or illnesses you may have.
- Do not wear contact lenses.
- Please inform us is you have any cold or flu-like symptoms that develop before your surgery.
YOUR DRIVER CANNOT LEAVE THE OFFICE DURING YOUR SURGERY!
***Please refer to your signed pre-op form (given to you at your consultation) to see which current medications you may take the morning of surgery.***
We know oral surgery can be intimidating, but we're here to give you an excellent smile. Our oral surgeons are highly experienced, so you can rest assured that we'll take good care of you. If you have questions or want to schedule a consultation, don't hesitate to reach out to us!(912) 634-6600 Appointments Map & Driving Directions